Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Investor's Emotional Bank Account

Years ago I read ‘7 habits of Highly Influential People’, and I believe they are truly timeless! Then this morning I came across an article in Business Week, How to Clean Up a Scandal. Like a good ole Proctoid I thought how about Tide, Gain, Cheer, Era, Dreft for the sensitive ones or may be even Mr. Clean for the really tough ones?

Anyway… our attention span is so short why does it even matter? Let’s just wait a bit. People will forget and things will get back to normal, of course in the short run the street will ignore us, our numbers will suffer but that just means a change of guard until memory fades. Why worry about the investor’s emotional bank account?

The most amazing thing was ‘house cleaning’ that the article talked about that went on as an after affect from the information fall out. How amazing! So the principle is I will dump the parasites from my house, if they go some place else that is not much of my concern? Now that’s a good lesson. Let’s put more gates and bars to trap the problem/parasites in the future and more than that when things go wrong let’s move them out.

Isn’t it time we thought of what has really caused the surge in scandals? Is there a systemic solution? Is this a societal problem?