Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Innovation is the Mantra

I remember the days when Software products were sold as a monolith, then they were sliced and diced and targetted to be sold individually. The value proposition was differentiated by part of your life, your business and your personality that was being influenced.

Leave it to the smart marketers at PG to do the exact opposite and still present a value proposition! Truely fabulous!!

David Johnson the not to well known (for many reasons) ex CEO of Campbell Soup said it best..

"There are no mature markets, there are only mature marketers."

I have usually just helped myself to a Pepto tablet after my coffee or even added a dose into my coffee creamer... But its only PG that can leverage the creative genius in the obvious! Cheers to them.

Decaf Being Joined by De-Heartburn - From the New York Times.