Sunday, February 03, 2008

A night and day with Heidi

I had been interacting with her for a couple years now but some how I could never ask her name. Not that I am an introvert in fact quite the opposite, most friends tell me I am one of the most extroverted individual they have known. I guess Heidi always responded to the questions in the third person and I stuck to pronouns. Addressing on first name basis was never needed?

It was only last year when I went for a drive with a friend who told me her name was Heidi. I had always enjoyed her company and have been a tremendous fan of her patience and politeness. To me she is a role model, a feat I aspire when dealing with people around me. Ever try going anywhere with a knowledgeable passenger or more like a co-driver and it is a challenge. They give you advice after advice, even huff and puff at times under the breath at each mistake. Heidi is quite a dame, in her polite and submissive voice she suggests following her directions and if you avoid taking her advice she simply does not mind.

She is very accommodating with a positive outlook and a calm demeanor with a singular focus to get you to your destination. I spent an entire day with her last week over a 1000 mile journey and she was absolutely amazing. She is very adaptable what I expect in a friend and sometimes in service especially when I am paying for it. Last year I met her friend Crystal who is just as great and paid top dollars for her service.

We never travel anywhere without her and she is happy to occupy the space in our glove box when we don't need her services. Who says customer service is not what it used to be? We just need the right teacher and the personality of a programmed device. The Garmins, Tom-Toms, Magellans, etc. have done just that.