Wednesday, September 06, 2006

In a rush…

During my recent trip to India I noticed some thing quite interesting and may be even unique in its own right. People seemed to be in a rush! I am serious! This coming from me seems rather odd, given my pace. But the quirk was that this anxiety and obsession with getting things over with was unusual. Whether it was completing a task, getting somewhere, eating, visiting someone or a tourist attraction people were in a rush!

What’s with the idea of getting things done & getting them done NOW!

Does that mean we have a little extra time to squeeze in an added activity that we love… may be a couple extra minutes of that sweet sleep in the morning? It did not seem so to me?

I am not sure I have figured what it really is but one thing for certain people seemed to focus much more on task completion and much less on enjoying it. This is not about elevating ourselves beyond the mundane to the surreal but I do believe every individual needs to make a clear distinction between satisfaction and conquest!