Tuesday, July 18, 2006

What we imagine is as important as the real thing

Pick up any good book and you will transcend time and space. I have written about ‘A’ Level education in the western world and how much I have enjoyed the experience myself. I am particularly fascinated by the emphasis on independent thinking and imagination. I must acknowledge that some of the creativity could be better channeled than simply spelling things differently. The classic case is “DAWG”, how is that creative, I struggle to understand sometimes.

In any case, our education and learning process fosters our imagination but the corporate structure binds it down. We are slaves of our data, our information and knowledge itself. I am reminded of Einstein. “Imagination is more important than knowledge...”

I strongly believe one cannot transform some thing into reality if one has not imagined it! Let’s break our shackles and slavish behavior and start imagining. To sum up in the words of Charles Kettering, “Our imagination is the only limit to what we can hope to have in the future.”