Wednesday, October 04, 2006

One for one

One for all and all for one? I am not sure I believe in it and that true of leadership too! People are different, each unique with different styles. So I guess there really is no such thing as ‘One for all and all for one’ at least in the corporate world.

Years ago when I interviewed for new jobs I wanted to know as much about ‘The Role’ as possible, through friends, through my network, in some cases from the recruiter, so I knew exactly what to say that would impress the interviewer. Just how to say it in order to engage the listener, I did that for years until recently I realized I am not looking for a job or a career. I don’t mean to say I am not in the market but what I really mean is I am looking for a fit! A place that values my idiosyncrasies and I share common values.

It is impossible to survive in a box, let alone one where you cannot breathe freely?