Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Brands & Love affairs

I have read our brains have almost infinite capacity, over our lifetimes most people use less than a 10th of it. I wondered if that was true of love as well? I started to think of all those broken promises, disagreements, break-ups, mess-ups, etc. etc. and wondered shouldn't all those bad, evil things clog the feelings for love? Of course there is always draino for the mind, meditation & vacation.


Recently on my day off I was looking at my little pup and had a sudden surge of emotions (I am a metro sexual, what do you expect?). I started thinking of all nasty things my pup did, the carpets she ripped, the furniture she chewed, the shoes she tore and socks she scattered... But nothing could stop me from the rush I was having. I just wanted to do something special for her, take her for a walk, play with her, buy her a new toy, give her a treat, you name it and all this for no obvious reason?

That evening I ruminated on my brands… All those we love so much and sometimes love to hate so much. I wondered what would it take to elevate those brands to where I was with my pup that morning?

Is our mind & heart also infinite? Can we grow our capacity to love without limits?

Whats a brand got to do for that pristine position in our hearts and minds? I guess its back to the drawing board.