Monday, September 14, 2009

Wells Fargo - Brand Gaps!!

It is a scary world when you have to talk to a service brand where the ingredients of the brand (the very people that make up the brand) say things like "I don't know what he/she may have said... ", Finger pointing and Evasive talk for those people who represent the brand is a poor reflection on the brand whether it is the CEO speaking or the Janitor!

Had a terrible experience with Wells Fargo... As a consumer I am doing business with Wells Fargo (the service brand) and not the individual I am on the phone with or across the counter from a representative of Wells Fargo, and I don't care if it is Joe Anybody? I expect the same integrity, commitment and service from the rank and file as I do with the first individual I run into that represents the brand to me, 'the consumer'.

Here are a few tid-bits:

  • Employees representing the service side of a brand MUST OWN UP!
  • The fault of an individual element of a brand is a FAULT ON THE PART OF THE BRAND!
  • Everyone that works for the enterprise (service brand) IS THE BRAND!
  • Every employee of the organization, every individual acting on behalf of the organization IS THE BRAND!
  • Sales is a continuous process, FAIL ME ONCE AND YOU LOSE THE CONSUMER FOREVER!