Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Organization & controls

I have always believed sound organizations need - internal discipline; resulting in strong brands, great people and social responsibility & and external control for strategy and objectivity; board of directors, PR people and investors. Together they go a long way! I consider myself an organization (of one) an institution (with brands ME, principles, values & purpose), so why not emulate? In my effort to get started I made the following list.

Internal control:

BRANDING (equity, quality & packaging) – First & Second moment of truth!
o What is my equity? How would someone describe me? & Competition
o How do people perceive me? What is my image like? & Competition
o How do I project myself? & Competition
o My messages, how I speak, the people I associate with, how I look, what I wear? & Competition

SKILL, TALENT & GENIUS
o How I lead & develop my team? & Competition
o How are my results I deliver & my communication? & Competition
o Capabilities I possess? & Competition
o Capacity I have? & Competition
o Time I manage, work I prioritize? & Competition

SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
o How I lead & develop my team? & Competition
o My commitment to my people, my community, my fraternity? & Competition

External control:

OBJECTIVITY
o Mentors as my board of directors
o Strong partners, coaches as my investors & bankers

Let’s get cracking!