Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Blue Ocean Strategy...

It has been so long since I read the book (BOS) that I wasn't even planning on writing about it. But when I came across a post by Wendy on FastCompany Now this morning I felt compelled!

Google and You: "Joann Seddon, global CEO of Millard Brown Optimor, the firm’s finance and ROI arm, said of the brand study, “Success stories from this year's BRANDZ™ Top 100 demonstrate that winning brands leverage major market trends effectively to create business value. Strong brands are capable of extending into areas of opportunity to access new revenue streams and to help businesses respond to market changes.'"
I am inclined to believe Joann would significantly benefit from reading the concept of consumer value innovation presented in BOS. Although value innovation are not just short transient fads they can be sustainable long term growth opportunity like the one discussed by Clayton M. Christensen in The Innovator's Dilemma.