Friday, December 01, 2006

Emotional Intelligence

We don't just think with our head! We use our entire body in the process. Why does the corporate world expect that we leave our emotional baggage at the office door or even at home when we get to work? The reverse is certainly not true!

I remember days when I was able to get a ton accomplished just because I had a great start to the day at home and on the other end had a crummy day at home only because I have had issues at work.

Wouldn't it be great if we could think with our mind body and soul?

That's no to say we don't maintain professional standards at work but let people express themselves through more than just family photos on their desk. I think we can be a lot more productive if we let more than just the numbers speak for the likely outcome from a venture... how I feel about things, my gut about a decision is often a very strong read of the likely outcome from a decision/action.