Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Out of Sight – Out of Mind

Marketing will live for ever! As long as the human mind does not change, Marketing is here to stay. I started this essay with a whole different thought in mind…

I was trying to pen down (it is crazy to use the phrase “pen down”, although I do write the frame work of my essay on paper before I type it up in its entirety) my experiences about people and our strategic goals. It is amazing how we do stupid things that don’t add value or align with our goals more often than not? Obviously strategy is not a goal! But none the less it needs to be a map of what we want to be and where we want to go.

I made a list of things I believe I need:
· Entrepreneurial spirit – Leadership experiences
· Selling & Marketing skills – Communication skills
· Learning & Updating skills – Knowing what’s new and learning it
· Valuation & Measurement – ROI on the investment in learning
· Networking – “No man is an island”, John Donne
· Strategies that link to long term goals – The map

Yet in my every day they don’t align? May be I need to hire personal career and goal marketers to help advertise to my mind. Some on who constantly and subliminally makes impressions of my goals and induces me to check every task with the six points above?