Wednesday, December 20, 2006

They are out to get me!!

Recently I had the opportunity to seek honest, open feedback and guess what I got? People paranoid and scared and wanting to stay anonymous. I wonder why? I brain stormed and guess what I came up with?

  • Don’t believe in ‘The Golden Rule’
  • Questionable maturity
  • Questionable perception of the world in light of personal maturity
  • Conspiracy theorists lack of overall trust
  • Low self value perception

Hail to the conspiracy theorists. I strongly believe feedback needs to be transparent so that the individual who is being reviewed knows what is being said about her/him. It provides the individual an opportunity to defend themselves if need be, especially if they have been misinterpreted. In addition it ensures constructive feedback.

Most people are slaves of their experiences and as long as they continue to associate with people who target them for their opinions, responses and behaviors it may be impossible to break the shackles. It takes effort to break the mold.