Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Beget

My best friend is pregnant. I am so happy for her!

The thought lead me to wonder it is so unfortunate that we guys cannot beget. All day as I thought about it over the course of the day I realized that’s not really true. Guys do beget. May be not a human or a flower or fruit or an animal, obviously that does not include bacteria that I left behind this morning… sorry for that awful thought.

But I am serious we do beget and it has its own life too!

All those guys who write code develop software create a being, that does stuff. Stuff like run a corporation, produce bills, etc. and it has a life. Talk to my friends in PLM (Product Life cycle Management). They will give you a low down on all the stages from inception to maturity.

I guess there is hope and then there is that sea horse we can always look up to. No this is not mean to take away thunder from over better halves.