Monday, July 11, 2005

The Gap

No not the store, not that I have anything against it. They are a great store believe me if only my girl friend’s closet can speak. Anyway the point of the gap was a thought I had on the bus to work today.

I started to think, growing up how close I was to my grand father. Isn’t that weird… we hate our parents but love our grand parents. Think about the generation gap and how often did we bring that up when it came to our parents? It doesn’t seem to bother us when it comes to our grand parents, some how? That’s the gap I am talking about?

Some how I feel that’s true at work too. No really! I have noticed how we work hard to make our bosses feel great about our work, but are they really the ones who can make your career move? There is a gap there too. It’s not the boss, but the bosses’ boss who can make it happen. The boss can only present a case supported by ones actual accomplishments.

Wonder how many such things in life have a natural gap?