Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Talk about TrUsT!

Trust me! I am hoping I will have lost you by now. Wow… I must have some credibility? Yoo-hoo. I was critically analyzing trust as the starting point for a relationship recently. The model fell apart given the need for the parties to invest trust. Each party had their own points of view. One assumed that it demonstrated trust by coming to the table while the other assumed... that as the start of trust building process. When the first was expecting the second to build credibility the first expected the same from the other. There is no greater truth than acknowledging, ‘everything in life is a two way street!’, so is TRUST!

The only thing I ever learnd from my engineering background was don’t make any assumptions. Granted there is no enough time or money to do much without making assumptions, but I am not sure I can start with trust as a basis for an assumption…

I am a 'do it and show me' guy… nothing prepared me more for that than my upbringing and later, school. As an engineer I always tried things and strived for the same from my peers. I evolved into a marketer and learnt the vitals of marketing… VALUE PROPOSITION! It’s the credibility element. Trust follows with credibility, then why should trust be the start of a relationship model?