Friday, June 24, 2005

The glue!

I arrived in the conference room early waiting for a meeting. I sat staring at the furniture, the table and the chairs and momentarily I went into a state of daze.

How is this furniture held together? Most of them looked like the classic Mortice-Tenon joint with the male, female joints fit into each other. But the Mortice-Tenon is not like the Dovetail that holds together with friction. The Mortice-Tenon is help together by GLUE.

How often do we think of the importance of glue? It is one of those things you just take for granted. But if the furniture falls apart, the glue would be the first to be blamed. So what is the deal with the glue?

Some one walked in the room and I lost my chain of thought, but what I realized was there are organizations in corporations like the glue. I think we know them as staff organizations.