Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Hell…….o!

If I get a “morning” instead of a “Good morning”, “afternoon” for a “Good afternoon”, “night” for a “Good night” why can’t we just say “Hell” instead of a “Hello”?

These days I speak more with my fingers… instant messenger, same time, SMS, cellular text messaging, and the list goes on and on. What is funny is it seems like these models are based on two fundamental beliefs, one is we are either in a hurry or we have weak fingers and hence need to communicate through TLA oh sorry Three Letter Acronyms or maybe the second argument is we have a poor memory to store the stream of thoughts we have as they translate into messages in these devices.

Communication has taken a whole new meaning, from ‘l8r’ for later and ‘g8tr’ gator to emoticons the emergence of emotional icons. The most interesting to me is the ‘Nudge’, how personal are we getting? Should we consider our generation a internet age, data savvy and swift or linguistic with its own short hand.

I guess time will tell. For now I will leave with a TTYL (talk to you later).