Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The inventor, The scholar and The biter!

I love reading fantasies and some times watching family fantasy movies. There are always so insightful and imaginative, they often give me a reason to think laterally and get my juices flowing.

I watched a movie one last weekend and was so impressed. Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, oh what a movie! It was not just at the picturization, the actors but the whole package, beautifully executed by director Brad Silberling. Hope I am not beginning to sound like Sisckel & Ebert with two, three, four and may be even more thumbs up… way up.

What I really loved about the movie was the fantasy itself with the combinations of the kids skills, their interests and the events that lead them to uncover the ominous plot. The perfect balance between inventor as the practitioner, the scholar as the theorist and the little baby bitter for witty comments and wholesome entertainment.

The started to compare the organization to that or a corporation. The visionary executive the practitioner, balanced with a slightly conservative theorist.

Daniel Handler must surely the be a organizational guru!